Participating in a group exercise class can be a very motivating and enjoyable fitness activity. There are as many reasons for taking a group class as there are people in the class! Some are there primarily to socialize and visit with friends. Others want to take away ideas for their personal workouts. Still others want to work hard throughout the class and get in the most intense workout possible. Whatever your reason for participating, please keep the following points in mind:
- If you are there primarily to socialize, please respect the people who are there to get in a good workout and keep your conversation to a whisper level (or stay to the back of the room/pool).
- New to group exercise? Please come a few minutes early and let the instructor know so that she/he can ensure you stay safe during the class.
- Ditto if you have any mobility issues that require exercise modification.
- Please come on time – it is unsafe for you to miss the warm up and jump right into the class.
- Stay right until the end – the stretch is the most important part of any exercise class – your muscles have worked hard and they need the flexibility training and relaxation provided during the final portion of the class.
- Make sure you bring a water bottle. It is critical that you stay hydrated during class to avoid cramping, headaches, nausea, etc.
Most of all, have fun – that’s what group exercise is all about!
Please note the following classes at the Eau Claire YMCA for the Easter Weekend
Friday March 29th – 12:05-1:00pm Zumba Demo! (Facility Hours 7am-7pm)
Saturday March 30th – 9:30-10:30am Hi Low
Saturday March 30th – 10:30-11:00am Muscle Works
Sunday March 31st – 10:00-11:00 am Hi Low
Sunday March 31st 11:00-11:15 am Awesome Abs
- Blog - Featured
- Camp Chief Hector YMCA
- Camp Riveredge YMCA
- Community YMCA
- Grade 6 Membership
- Gray Family Eau Claire YMCA
- Melcor YMCA at Crowfoot
- Quarry Park Child Development Centre
- Remington YMCA in Quarry Park
- Saddletowne YMCA
- Shawnessy YMCA
- South Health Campus YMCA
- Success Story
- Success Story - Featured
- YMCA News